RFI

[RFI] Noise puzzler

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Noise puzzler
From: Gary Johnson via RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:52:36 -0800
I guarantee it’s the switch. There’s a report on RFI on a DLI rackmount switch
on my website. Turned out they use PWM to drive the relay coils. 7 ns risetime
on the signals! That coupled to the AC line and out it went. You need CM chokes
on ALL conductors  connected to that device. I did the station engineering for
the W6TCP 4-band remote EME station and ended up using a small fortune worth of
ferries there.

Gary Johnson NA6O