TopBand: RE: WA0RCR 1860khz broadcasts

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: RE: WA0RCR 1860khz broadcasts
From: jbmitch@vt.edu (John Mitchell)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 1996 22:35:59 -0400
At 11:58 PM 9/14/96 gmt, nw6n@juno.com wrote:
>W5YI tried to address this problem a couple years ago, These "Broadcasts"
>are legal. However I believe that is an inapropriate use of Amatuer
>radio....
>73, Bob NW6N

FWIW, several of us who operate near this frequency approached WA0RCR at his
booth at Dayton this year and tried in a calm, objective way to explain our
position that he should consider moving his operation up about a hundred
khz. We explained that he causes interference to signals as much as 4 Khz on
either side, that there are better frequencies available, where such
operations will not impact weak signal work (DX) etc. etc., but received no
assurances that he would move.  My understanding is that he operates from a
commercial AM broadcasting site that he purchased, along with existing
antenna, and this may explain the strength of the signal.
John WD4MUR