TopBand: power line noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: power line noise
From: ni6t@scruznet.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 02:47:39 -0700
Dave Hockaday wrote:

nd.

> Now my real question is: what do I do next? The co-op didn't seem interested
> at all with the info about the interference, etc. Have any of you worked
> through similar problems?
>
> 73 de Dave Hockaday WB4IUY
> Youngsville, NC
> wb4iuy@ipass.net

Of course!

My experience has been that finding the offending hardware is the easy
part. Getting someone in the power bureaucracy to fix it is the hard
part. The tendency of the managers and foremen you take it to is to
blame you for having found it.

Your State may have certain exemptions for such coops, and your problem
may get short shrift in the wake of the enormous devastation of Fran,
but, if the power coop is blowing you off, you have little choice but to
go to your State PUC. If that does not work, try Fox Charlie--such
incidental radiation is illegal under Part 15. Even in this era of
reduced expectations, FCC in San Francisco told me they would deal with
that.

If nothing else works--do you own a rifle?

--
Garry Shapiro, NI6T
Editor, The DXer