TopBand: 160 info for a returning 160 neophyte?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160 info for a returning 160 neophyte?
From: 0002104829@mcimail.com (RONALD KLEIN)
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 96 21:43 EST
-- [ From: Ron Klein * EMC.Ver #2.3 ] --

I anticipate returning to 160 after I finish some antenna work this month that
will add 160 to one of my Hytower verticals. It has been at least 6 or 7 years
since I have been on the band. I was never overly active there (with a very low
inverted vee) and have some very basic questions... equivalent to that of a
beginner!.

1) Where (in frequency terms) is the DX activity - both SSB & CW?

2) There was a DX window of sorts around 1825 to 1830 some years ago.... is
there still a DX window, and if so what is the frequency range?

3) Is there really much DX on SSB, or is it mostly CW? Most of my operation on
other bands is SSB, but I'm anxious to dust off the bug (YES - I said BUG <g>).
Feel free to call me an old Phart..

4) Any particular part of the band where contesting activity takes place?

Obviously, the answers to these questions will help me decide how to trim the
inverted L add-on kit for the hytower.

Thanks in advance for the info.....

73,

Ron - W0OSK (for how long, is the question....)