TopBand: Beverage Matching

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Beverage Matching
From: lsmith@icenter.net (lsmith)
Date: Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:14:54 -0500
Hello all:

First post here. Newbie on 160, and want to do things right the first
time (or at least avoid making some very time consuming bone-head
moves).

I have been reading "Low Band DX'ing" and want to put up a couple of
beverages for use on 160 and 80, but can't seem to find a source for the
Indiana General torroids which John recommends.  Can anyone send me in
the right direction for a supplier?

Also, can you recommend another book or general reference material
applicable to Beverage antennae. I understand there was an excellent
booklet published by the FCC many years ago regarding the use of
Beverages at broadcast stations as a part of the CONELAD program.  Would
gladly pay for copying costs if you could help me out.  Thanks in
advance for the opportunity to learn a few key points from you fellows.
My limited experience on 160 last winter has me convinced that it truly
is a "Gentleman's Band" and the quality of QSO reminds me of what I used
to hear on 20 metres about 30 years ago.  73 de
J. Lee Smith,
VE4ANC,
110 Senecal Drive,
St. Francois Xavier,