TopBand: Info needed on 160m horiz. loop

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Info needed on 160m horiz. loop
From: kc4uh@ibm.net (Daniel Baker)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 21:35:07 -0400
Due to lack of real estate, I'm unable to erect a beverage(s) for receiving
on 160m and am considering the often mentioned EWE antenna as a possibility,
but came across the horizontal 160m receiving loop antenna briefly mentioned
by ON4UN in his low band book. I'm intrigued by it and do have the  yard
perimeter to put up one at least 1 wavelength around. What I was wondering
is if anyone on the reflector has had experience with this antenna and can
tell me how it performs. Some construction advice (matching systems, exact
lenght, etc.) would be welcome as the book is somewhat vague in that area.
To conserve bandwidth, please direct replies to me & not the reflector.
Thanks for your help.

                                                        73,

                                                   Daniel/KC4UH