TopBand: Bev and ts930s

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Bev and ts930s
From: bradrehm@texas.net (Brad Rehm)
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 1996 21:24:56 -0500 (CDT)
Gary.

There's not much to tell.  It's built into a sloping panel box with a bunch
of coax connectors on the back for incoming antennas.  There are two runs of
RG174 coax from a DIN connector on the back of the box to the XVTR DIN
connector on the rear of the transceiver.  One run of '174 is the TX antenna
output and the other is the RX antenna input.  A single-wafer rotary switch
in the box switches the RX antenna among the several incoming options.

By the way, my box also has a power supply which selects relays out at the
tower.  These are Dow-Key coax relays which determine whether the Pro-67B,
the 80m delta loop, the 160m vertical, or another antenna is connected to
the coax leading back to the shack.  The same power source has also been
used to run a small preamp at the base of the 160m beverage.

This is just a lot of stuff all packed together to make it take up less room
on the desk.  You can easily roll your own.

Good luck es 73, Brad

At 05:42 AM 10/12/96 GMT, Gary D. Elliott wrote:
>Brad
>
>Tell me a little about your external switch box that allows you to return
>the radio to normal or switch to the loop or beverage. Thanks
>
>73 Gary  K7OX
>
>k7ox@usa.pipeline.com

Brad Rehm  KV5V
Georgetown, Texas