TopBand: IG9/IV3TAN CQWW96 SSB

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: IG9/IV3TAN CQWW96 SSB
From: zaile@ibm.net (Zaile)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 14:16:21 GMT
Hello there.
             Well, I succeeded in staying around the net longer than I thought.
The IG9/IV3TAN CQWW96 SSB 'business' is raising more question-marks as time
passes.

I must addmit that the phrase 'unfairness' is in the back of my mind all the
time. I do not mean unfairness to the contesters who didn't have the mega-S,
but unfairness to the IG9 operator(s?) who had it.

This is not a trial, this is not a complaint yet. It is an amazement and
curiousity. Reading the messages about the subject, one could easily descern
the feelings of hurt, jealousy, helplessness, unjustness and the like.
These are the kind of feelings one feels, while thinking of being deprived
of something.

We are dealing with something we suspect. We feel/think we are deprived of
knowledge. We suspect there is a secret. Is there a secret?

Let us assume there is no secret and plainly ask IV3TAN, to tell us about
the conditions (technical/topografical), that attributed to his/her
beautiful feat. It will be nice if someone will be able to let IV3TAN tell
us about it.

Meanwhile, does anybody know what were the working conditions of IG9/IV3TAN
during the contest? What do you know about the geographical conditions in
this QTH?

Do you have details concerning the other operators of IG9 at that contest?
Were they outstandingly strong as IG9/IV3TAN? Were they operating from the
same place?
Did you have lately, previous QSO's with the IG9 contest operators? Was
there something unusual in terms of strength, equipment, or the like?

Icluded here is the message from the 11/11/96, that was sent by Bernie
McClenny, WR3E.

                           73's to you all, de Zaile.