TopBand: 160/80 shunt fed tower?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160/80 shunt fed tower?
From: rgarrett@sunlink.net (Bob Garrett)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 16:36:40 -0500 (EST)
Hello:

Just a few thoughts.  First and formost, MORE RADIALS!  Never to many
radials.

No, I have never experienced a degradation of my 160 meter signal when I
added another shunt for 80 meters.  My tower is also #60 feet with a
204BA 4 ele. 20, a cushcraft rotary dipole and 3 ele. 10/15 hygain on top
at 75 feet.  I attache my shunt for both 80 and 160 at aproximately 47
feet.  Maybe the 80 is at 46 feet.  I use a single cap. for each of the
matching networks.  Antenna performs well on 160 and great on 80,
especially on the long haul stuff.

Hopefully this is helpful to you Jim.  73 Bob WA3EUL