TopBand: Beverage Box hook up

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Beverage Box hook up
From: wc7m@vcn.com (Jay E Ostrem)
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 1996 20:23:47 -0700
  I just received my new Beverage Box via Fed Ex.  I'm hooking it up tomorrow!
I'm using it with an Icom 751A, which has a receive antenna jumper on the
back for using a seperate receiver or putting in a pre-amp.  According to
the schematic the receive side of the jack is not relay switched, but runs
straight to a mute circuit and then to a rf amp.

  Am I courting disaster?
I was thinking of grounding the receive side through the amp switching relay
on the rig.  It is a reed relay which of course goes to ground on transmit.

  I would appreciate any further ideas, or affirmations that I'm heading in
the right direction.
                            73

                            Jay WC7M in Gillette, Wyoming

                            On the 1AB Ranch in Campbell County