TopBand: to0r pileup ethics

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: to0r pileup ethics
From: wynder@brunswickmicro.nb.ca (Mike Smith-VE9AA, Coreen Smith-Wynder Photo)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 14:51:28 -0400
I won't embarrass anyone by putting their callsign here but I am
downright disgusted by some that were calling to0r (and 9x4ww) last
night.  I echo the thoughts by Ron n4xd but want to add that not only
did certain stations not stand by when asked but a guy COULDN'T EVEN
COMPLETE A QSO.  Although I have not been one of the lucky ones due
to using a comprimise antenna (big one on the ground---windstorm)
When the dx comes back to "n4ar n4ar n4ar 559 559 kn kn", then why oh
why does 1/2 the pileup still continue to call?  why?
And I don't mean the new licensees either. We are talking world class
stations with B I G antennas and world class(?) Ops at the helm.
If you can't hear the DX sending , you shouldn't be calling!
Or if you can, indeed hear him, have to courtesy to stand by while
the other guy makes his qso for pities sake!  Holy smoly it would
speed things up and make the DX a lot happier.  You might even make
it into the log.
my 2c-ve9aa / ex cy0aa-MIKE (soon cy9aa??-#43 on the want list)