TopBand: Radial Wire...What guage?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Radial Wire...What guage?
From: tony@gwyepu.demon.co.uk (tony wyn jones)
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 1997 18:06:54 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I seem to remember reading a few times here on the reflector that it
doesen't make much difference whether you use thin or thick wire for
radials? Can anyone please confirm whether this is the case, as I'm
clean out of decent sized wire, and I'd like to improve the efficiency
of my Inverted L to try & work the VK0. I have a coil of thin (0.3mm)
bell wire, I wonder if this will be as effective as 1.5mm stuff?

73 & Gud DX in 1997,

 T O N Y .. GW4VEQ

--
Tony Wyn Jones