TopBand: HEARD better on xmit antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: HEARD better on xmit antenna
From: CQK8DO@aol.com (CQK8DO@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:40:57 -0500 (EST)

<< >Would "antipodal focusing" possibly explain
 >why NA ops have copied Heard better on their
 >XMIT antennas? Most ops have directional receive
 >but omni-directional xmit arrays and thus could
 >receive VK0IR from several paths on the transmit
 >antenna.

 I have found that my transmit antenna is frequently better, but it is not
omnidirectional, and has 15dB of FB ratio, so antipodal focusing is
unlikely.... certainly the vertical waveangle of arrival is the key here, but
it is strange, and so far not analyzable... keep those reports coming in
folks, and maybe someone will see a pattern....

Denny