TopBand: Heard 160 Reports

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Heard 160 Reports
From: pa3gcu@pa3gcu.ampr.org (Richard Adams)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 19:28:39 +0000 (GMT)
According to Jim Fenstermaker, While burning my cpu.:

> OK...I know you guys posting this information are just trying to get even
> with us left coasters for our JA pipeline!
>
> Have listened every morning at our sunrise (VK0 sunset) and not a peep from
> Heard Island.  This morning, the packet spot at 1510Z said "VK0 qsying to
> 1826. We jumped on that freq and heard nothing; in fact, there was NOT A
> SINGLE SIGNAL on the band...no USA, no VE, no KH6, no XV7, no JA, not even
> the fishing net buoy id signals!

Dont worry, how many PA and ON,stn's are in VK0IR's log, there are some yes,
but not a lot.

> So we on the west coast must conclude that the information posted on this
> reflector is bogus and is intended to drive us to 10 meters!  Fat chance!!!
               ^^^^^
No, dont think so, BUT, last week friday i sat all night at PI4ZLD, i could
not hear any USA stns, that had booming sigs, WHEN there was a G stn.,
talking to many stateside stn's like they were on the blower, and we have
on4un (book design) beverages.
Just strange condx.. But i did work JA tho, that evening 1 hour after his
sunset, and he was 579, i listend for 10 minutes afterwards there were no
takers, looks like the signal dropped right on top of me and nobody else..

Sorry for the irelavant bandwidth, but i could not resist..
Cu in de test.

--
Regards Richard, 73.
AX25  pa3gcu@pi8mid.#zld.nld.eu