TopBand: EX8W's habits

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: EX8W's habits
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 22:30:44 -0500 (EST)
I noticed several European spots of EX8W the past week around
0200 UTC.  Last night I heard him on 1828.8 calling CQ and, after
many calls, I made a marginal QSO at 0225 but was not sure he had
my call right (think he had W3ZV).  Tonight I listened again starting
around 0200 and heard him first on 1826.4 calling CQ.  He was close
to GW4VEQ so he moved to 1824.4 and I finally made a solid QSO at
0221.  His signal tonight was 559 whereas last night he was 449.  He
continued to call CQ until around 0240 and was called by a couple
of W1's but I didn't hear him work any other USA stations.  It appeared
that we had an advantage in the South on this path.  Good luck to any
looking for him.  QSL via DL8FCU.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV