TopBand: Blinded by the Light

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Blinded by the Light
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 22:00:52 -0600
  My Golden Ear idea at first felt like a good one, but was too
idealistic.  My primary goal was to be able to review receptions
(and indirectly conditions) from more remote parts of the
world (not to publicize my reports or have USA E/W coast
reports dominate things).  I'm sure that most would welcome
seeing reception reports from China, Sri Lanka, Kenya and the
other NCDXF beacon countries.  USA reports were to compliment
those.  Good idea--probably...  Practical idea--probably not...
  While the OH2BUA WebCluster reports are more important due to
their immediacy, I felt that something different was to be
learned from a daily summary like the one that I provided vs.
the listing of the last 100 spots that Tom K1KI supplied.
  Anyway, while some people enjoyed the receive data; I think
that it's probably best to shelf my idea and provide similar
reports only when special circumstances merit it...
73,  Bill     K0HA