TopBand: ZS8IR signing off

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ZS8IR signing off
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 17:13:40 +200
Here is a message that I received from Chris today:

Greetings everybody,

My adventure of a lifetime has come to an end.  It will be with mixed
feelings that I get into the helicopter tomorrow morning at 0700UTC.

I am leaving Marion Island on the MV SA Agulhas. We expect to dock in
Cape Town Harbour on Thursday morning.

This has been a year in my life I will never forget.  Amateur radio
has been a vital link for  me this year. It has kept me in touch
with my friends all over the world.  Due to certain regualtory
changes in the Environmental affairs department, I don't know when
there will be any amateur radio activity from Marion again.

God bless you, and thank you for the support during this year.

Chris de Beer
Medical Officer
53rd Marion Island Relief Expedition
Amateur Radio Station: ZS8IR