TopBand: subbands on 160, and KH0AA

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: subbands on 160, and KH0AA
From: jon.zaimes@dol.net (Jon Zaimes)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 14:39:28 -0400 (EDT)
If CW contests extend activity all the way to 1900 kHz, that still leaves
50% of the band for SSB. That is the same percentage that is the regulated
SSB subband on 80 and 40 meters, and far more than the 160m subband
currently being requested (75% or more for SSB). But in an SSB contest,
there is seldom ANY room left for CW activity here in the Northeast. And
certainly no room left in the DX portion of the band. If there's an
inequality, it's against the CW op the way we have it now.

On more current DX matters: Has anyone heard KH0AA on 160m yet? I see he was
spotted on 18 mHz earlier today. Op is Aki JA5DQH.

73/Jon AA1K