TopBand: ARRL uncommitted

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: ARRL uncommitted
From: w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net (w8jitom@postoffice.worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri, 23 May 1997 20:35:56 +0000
> I've had too many good DX stations clobbered by SSB QSOs intruding into the
> low end. An SSB sub-band make sense to me, both for contests and general
> DXing.
>
> 73/Jon AA1K

A SSB sub-band also makes sense for regular rag chewing. Every other
band has one, even the new WARC bands where SSB is permitted. Even
VHF bands.

Instead, CW operators are supposed to suffer on 160m because what?
Because some hardheads want to operate SSB down on the very low end.

W2FJ (ex W2FYT) was an example of this attitude, when I petitioned
the FCC for a sub-band  HE petitioned them for one too, since he
liked to operate 1805 SSB he asked that the CW band be at 1975-2000
KHz.

Face it, this would hurt no one at all except people who like to
cause QRM or who are grossly inconsiderate of others. Anyone actually
following the "band plan" would not even be affected!

It's necessary because of people who like to irritate people or
inconsiderate people, not because of good ops.

73, Tom W8JI