TopBand: Boring report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Boring report
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Larry Tyree)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 07:18:33 -0700 (PDT)
Been about two weeks since I have worked anyone on the band.  This
is probably half due to the low activity, and the other half because
of the Dayton trip.  Another contributing factor is that sunrise is
so early these days, you really have to get up very early to work DX.

This morning, I found myself up at 1100Z, and around 1205Z, I called
CQ on 1829.  My first CQ netted VK3ZL with a 589 CW signal (you can hear
it on the sound page - http://www.contesting.com/n6tr/topband/).

Bob mentioned no other signals were on the band.  VE7BS showed up after
our QSO.

In other news...  what other news?  No QSLs received recently.  I
think the last one was YS1RRD who I also got to meet at Dayton.  TI4CF
was also there along with all of the other topband guys already mentioned.

Was a kick to get a picture taken with Riki - 4X4NJ, and meet the others
who stopped by our booth.

Waiting for a few QSLs from P29VXX (via DL7UFN), 6W6JX, ZS8IR, RK3PA
(via UW3PN his old call and also via UA3AB), and of course EU6AF.  I
think the ZS8 card is probably in the mail as Chris has mentioned it.

Guess the next "new one" will hopefully be CY9.  Maybe I can work them on
six meters too!

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com