TopBand: Radial current

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Radial current
From: sears@rell.com (sears@rell.com)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 14:05:05 -0500
     Larry, I believe the article was written by my friend Dick Weber who
     is also the designer of my Rotating Tower and many others. He has been
     working on radial current distribution for quite some time. He has
     shown that by using much shorter radials (maybe 1/8 wavelength) all
     connected together going into a series inductor, the distribution
     looks much better. But, have you ever had a vertical placed nex to
     your house or garage which prevented you from placing radials down in
     a particular direction? Can you say for sure that this vertical
     performed poorly in the direction that didn't have any radials?

     I agree that I would much rather have equal current distribution
     around my vertical but what is the performance degradation.

     Peter
     W5PS (ex-WB2ULI)