TopBand: Radial current

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Radial current
From: hwardsil@WOLFENET.com (Ward Silver)
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 11:31:18 -0700 (PDT)
OK, I understand the closely-coupled case.  Thanks!  What about radials
that have weak coupling to each other over uniform ground?  Sounds like it
wouldn't have much effect on loss.

My modelling indicates that for inverted-L's, there's not much difference
between two and four radials, either in gain or pattern symmetry.  Between
one and two radials, the differences become more noticeable.

I know the ground effects are 'iffy' in the MININEC programs (I use
EZNEC), so I started with the whole antenna >>1 wavelength above "real"
ground and brought it slowly down to observe the effects.

73, Ward N0AX