TopBand: W2GD QSLing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: W2GD QSLing
From: gator@wolfenet.com (gator@wolfenet.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 18:01:00 -0700 (PDT)
Topbanders:

Has anyone had any luck getting QSL cards from W2GD?  Several years ago I
sent him a card with SASE for a 160m contact, and got no response.  This
year, I sent him a card for the 1997 CQ 160m SSB Contest, and I got my own
card back in my SASE, and absolutely no note on the card or the envelope.

I'm trying to finish my 160m WAS, and I need New Jersey.  I tried to phone
him, but no answer, no machine.  I tried to e-mail him at the e-mail address
he was using in February but it bounced.  I phoned his listed number in
Bridgewater, but no answer, no recorder.  John, if you're out there, how can
I get a card from you?

With apologies to my hero, N6AA:
Should contesters expect other hams to give them contest Q's if they do not
respond to QSL's?

73,
Charley, K7NW
Seattle