TopBand: W2GD QSLing

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: W2GD QSLing
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 08:12:08 +200
W7GG wrote:
> if u want to contest u shud pay the qsl dues.....most of the lil
> or casual stns that wk us contester are in it for awards etc...

I couldn't agree more.

One often hears the guys around these parts (and 'these parts'
include some juicy multipliers!) calling big Stateside low band
stations.  One particular East Coast Multi-Multi station comes to
mind--always loud, and always workable.  And always accompanied by at
least one or two locals telling anyone who wants to listen that the W
doesn't QSL.

Generally, the locals stop calling as soon as they hear this, as they
need the QSO for some or other award (like 5BWAC!).  If the contest
station doesn't QSL, there's no need to work him.

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ

PS If this post looks familiar, you may have seen it on the QSL
Reflector, where I posted it by accident (finger trouble).