TopBand: VK9WM

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK9WM
From: bernie@niobe.marques.co.za (Bernie, ZS4TX)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 21:13:29 +0200
Hi,

I checked 3620 this afternoon at 1546Z, 30 minutes before my sunrise,
and VK9WM (op FK8GM) was S9 and calling CQ with no takers on 3797.

Like a thousand others before me I asked him when and if they will be on
160m.
He said that the wind has been hampering the antenna installations all the
time
but if all goes well they will have a station up and running on 1810
tomorrow
the 17th.

>From what I could figure out was that he was using the antenna intended for
160m
on 80m at the time of our QSO!  He said that they will try and put up
"other" antennas
for 160m tomorrow at sunrise.

Good luck

Bernie