TopBand: Odiferous Condx!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Odiferous Condx!
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 1997 08:23:50 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Guys!

Whaaa Happen' to the good condx I was reading about?

Band has seemed extinct last 2 days since I returned from raising a 190 foot
tower for a chap in Minn.

Almost zero activity for a SAT night outta Europe and only VK6HD and VK5UM
this morning around 1050Z at my sunrise.

Mike had a good signal as always and VK5UM as well.....sure wish the VK9WM
boys had managed to come in as well up this way.

>From all I can determine, nobody East of the MISSISSIPPI River is in the
VK9WM log on 160M - and I think nobody East of W7 is either - at least
according to W3UR's list (Tks Bernie for sharing it with us).

I heard the VK9 for about 90 seconds two mornings at sunrise here in NY - but
vy vy lite copy.  Somebody is going to have do this one again with a focus on
160M -  if Europe and the USA East coast is to have any real chance to work
them.

Where were K0IR and K4UEE when we REALLY needed them??  HI HI  We needed
Ralph to organize the VK9W expedition and Bob to do the 160M operating!!   I
guess we have all become spoiled by the special efforts many of the 1996-1997
expeditions  made on Topband!  But, it would have made all the difference in
the world......it really does take extra focus and effort to poke out a
world-class signal on 160m - not to mention a break in the weather.  I guess
this one was just star-crossed......!

73 And Keep the faith

Next up FH starting 9 October = let's all hope DJ2BW is on the case!  I
suspect he WILL BE.

Jeff K1ZM

K1ZM@aol.com
 -