TopBand: Autek RF-1 Antenna Analyzer

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Autek RF-1 Antenna Analyzer
From: michon@eatel.net (Mike Michon)
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 1997 07:29:07 -0500

> Has anyone had any experience with the Autek antenna analyzer RF-1.
> Trying to set up my 160 elevated radial inverted "L"...
> Is the RF-1 worth the investment ???
>
> Thanks......73  Whitey   K1VV

Dear Whitey,

I owned one for a short period of time.  It was neat to see the impedance
drop as radials were added to my vertical.  Unfortunately, I left it hooked
up to the antenna tuner and loaded it up one day.  It hated it.  I am going
to buy another.

It took a while to get used to the different settings and I had it flashing
through a sequence one time and didn't know exactly what happened.  (read
the directions).

I put up an Inv. L about a month ago-- 75 feet vertical and 90 feet
Horizontal.  I am pleased so far.  Couldn't work k7k on 18 mhz with my CF
Zepp at 70 feet, but worked them with the L.  Sure would like to know the
pattern of the L on 18 mhz, but no antenna modeling program.

Mike Michon
AB5XP
Prairieville, LA
504-622-2608