TopBand: Autek RF-1 Antenna Analyzer

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Autek RF-1 Antenna Analyzer
From: n7ex@athenet.net (Dave_K9NX)
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 1997 22:41:22 +0100
At 02:30 PM 10/2/97 -0400, Doherty, Robert wrote:
>Has anyone had any experience with the Autek antenna analyzer RF-1.
>Trying to set up my 160 elevated radial inverted "L"...
>Is the RF-1 worth the investment ???
>
>Thanks......73  Whitey   K1VV

The Autek works really well on 160......as long as there are no strong AM
broadcast stations near bye. If there are strong AM stations near bye they
overload the instrument and you will get bad readings or reading fluctuate
(with the AM modulation). This is really a problem on 160 and sometimes 80
because of the length of the antenna is long enough that significant AM
broadcast voltage can be induced. This is even more true with the "long"
inverted L's since their quarter wave reasonance is very close to the
braodcast band!

Dave
K9NX
 -