TopBand: First Night CQ WW CW

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: First Night CQ WW CW
From: jfenster@pacifier.com (Jim Fenstermaker, K9JF)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 15:31:44 -0800
Gee guys...If we could have had a night like you right coasters had...here
on the left coast.

I actually heard EA8!!!  Not a peep from Europe or South America or Africa
or anyplace else for that matter.

Mostly zone 8 stuff with 9Y4H thrown in for a solid contact - Thanks Glenn

Only one JA heard and absolutely nothing from Zone 26 (still need HS on Top
Band).

80 meters wasn't much better but the band did get better as time progressed
and managed 43 countries / 21 zones the first evening including 5 hours of
sleep when I couldn't run the usual JA contingent.

Let's hope for better condx this evening...am approaching Top Band DXCC and
would like to get it this season.

73 Jim K9JF/7