TopBand: DX vs. Static, Round 1

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: DX vs. Static, Round 1
From: JPalooka@aol.com (JPalooka@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 1997 18:33:21 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-29 10:08:20 EST, k0ha@navix.net writes:

> Subj:  TopBand: DX vs. Static, Round 1
>    I'm not sure what to make of the first night of CQWWCW on 160...
>  I got home around 0030z and found the summer-like static still there.
>  I quickly worked EA8ZS but wondered if that would be it from across
>  the Atlantic until near EU sunrise.
I found similar conditions here in central Indiana, except the static seemed
to come in waves. While trying to work 5V7A, the QRN was almost in
sync with his signal. When he came up to readable strength, the QRN
was short to follow, add a few stations that insisted on calling him on his
frequency. So, no luck last night, maybe tonight.

73, K8Joe"Palooka"