TopBand: 3DA0CA on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA on 160
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 06:30:54 -0500 (EST)
>From The Daily DX by W3UR:

Jon, 3DA0CA, reports he can often be found around 24901 most days
from 16:00 to 20:00Z.  He says it is often hard to find anyone.
While on the air many ask him about 160 meters.  He says "I plan to
put up a 160 dipole that slopes a bit toward my north.  The takeoff
would be the same toward the states as my 80 meter dipole that works
well.  However, the apex will only be about 25 feet high on sloping
terrain."  Jon also said this is the best I can do with what he has.
It may take a few weeks more but he does plan to be active very soon.
Those who work Jon should QSL direct to his manager W4DR.  This is
the preferred method of Bob, W4DR.