TopBand: 3DA0CA on 160

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA on 160
From: George.Guerin@kellogg.com (George Guerin)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 15:42:55 -0500
--IMA.Boundary.685182978

Bill Tippett wrote:

>From The Daily DX by W3UR:

>Jon, 3DA0CA, reports he can often be found around 24901
>most days from 16:00 to 20:00Z.  He says it is often hard
>to find anyone.  While on the air many ask him about 160 .
>meters.  He says "I plan to put up a 160 dipole that slopes
>a bit toward my north.  The takeoff would be the same
>toward the states as my 80 meter dipole that works well.
>However, the apex will only be about 25 feet high on
>sloping terrain."  Jon also said this is the best I can do
>with what he has.  It may take a few weeks more but he does
>plan to be active very soon. Those who work Jon should QSL
>direct to his manager W4DR

Although not ideal, this antenna will work some nights.
Paul, 5X4F had a low dipole up before and after the wire
version of the Battle Creek Special and was workable in
Michigan with a small amplifier at his shack.

I, for one, won't complain about how the antenna gets the
signal to my location.

George, K8GG
.
--IMA.Boundary.685182978--