TopBand: Re: QSO stealing/USA lids calling 5A2A on 160M

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Re: QSO stealing/USA lids calling 5A2A on 160M
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 1997 13:57:12 -0500 (EST)
Gentlemen:

        This thread is the sort of thing that will lead to the death of this
reflector.  This is NOT information and venting our feelings will NOT solve
the problem.  What it WILL do is fill our inboxes with everyone's opinion
and then everyone's opinion of everyone else's opinion!  Do you really
want to see your mailbox filled with this sort of thing?  I sure don't!

        N6TR just posted the FAQ and I posted it in my survey, but here's
the relevant part AGAIN:

"Please do not use the reflector to post your personal complaints,
criticisms, gripes, etc. We have many overseas subscribers who do not
appreciate the bandwidth taken on non-informational topics."

        I'm working on the survey summary, but many of you are saying
you want more input from overseas readers.  Guess what, many of them
pay by the byte and do not have the free or cheap access that we have.
Just imagine if you are a DX station, are downloading the reflector by
RF packet, and then you see this sort of "information".  Will you
continue to subscribe?  I doubt it.

        How to handle unruly pileups?  Build better RX and TX antennas
and you will be in and out while the LIDS (to paraphrase the Bible,
"They will always be with us") are still calling.  Let's get back to
building better antennas and leave the name calling to other venues.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV