TopBand: More from BY1QH

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: More from BY1QH
From: n4cc@ezl.com (Greg)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 07:46:12 -0600 (CST)
Here is more info from Merv at BY1QH.  Any feedback from this point on
should go to Ron-K9YY as he will be in touch with Merv from this point on.
(I must go out of town on business.)  Ron can be reached at:
k9yy@da-corvette.com  Good luck to all.  Merv was very weak this morning but
was surprised with loud signals from YB0ARA/9 who was worked for a new one!
73 de Greg-N4CC

Greg, interesting e-mail, the k1 badly mistaken about 80, we were on
only a few minutes and worked no one but a couple of ja's.
            Any way, put out that we are here for the night and will be
qrv on 160 most all the night and will be on till after 1500 for the west coast
guys again.  80 is almost an impossiblility due to commercial stations 20
and 30 over nine..
Will see in the next couple days if we can sneak something in.  Will
also try and do some serious 40 meter work instead of 160 one day this wek,
perhaps will try 80 and 40 instead of the 160 test.
            Noise on 160 is s8 to s9 yet with no way to change that.  80
noise is much better s2 to s3 but the commercial stations and other
birdies cover the entire band, both ssb and cw.
            Thats all for now folks 73 Merv