TopBand: 3DA0CA: Sked Requests

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 3DA0CA: Sked Requests
From: crb@nanoteq.com (Chris R. Burger)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:20:55 +200
I'm handling a tremendous number of sked and "listen for me" and "am
I in the log?" requests for Jon.  While I would just love to reply to
everyone with a personalised letter of several pages and possibly
even a bouquet of flowers, economic realities dictate that I have to
make a living and be somewhat more abrubt.

Here is a typical remark from a W8:
> I know one or two west of PA slips thru once in a while, but
> mostly the BIGGER GUNS.

So I made an extract from his dupe sheet:
AB0X AJ6T K0CS K0HA K0JUH K6RK K6SSS K6UR K6UT K6ZZ K7CA K8GG K8MFO
K8MK K8YSE K9KU K9NR K9NX K9RJ K9RS KN6DV N0AT N0AV N0XA N6SS N8TR
N9AU N9BR N9RD NA0Y NA8V NI0F NO9Z NR0X NX0I W0AH W0BV W0CM W0EK
W0FLS W0GJ W0YG W6AJJ W6PBI W7LR W7YB W8AV W8BA W8FJ W8NL W8UVZ W8XD
W9CH W9KQD W9XR
Hey, maybe "once in a while" is being a little unfair!  Jon has
worked more Sixes than I ever did.  As he is a W0 himself, and went
to school in Ohio, you can rest assured that he understands the
overwhelming odds faced by his fellow tribesmen, and will act
accordingly.

My experience has always been that the limiting factor is not the
pileup, but rather the QRN.  In other words, you Sixes, Sevens
etc. are not being twarted by the Right Coast, but by Mother Nature.
We're in the middle of the thunderstorm season, and the QRN is
virtually always above S9.

The only Stateside area that is truly disadvantaged from here is the
Deep South.  You will notice very few Fives in his log.

Finally, if you ain't in the dupe sheet, you probably ain't in the
log.  Please don't ask, as I simply don't have the make-up to break
the news to you personally.

PLEASE allow Jon a few weeks of activity before starting the sked
requests.  Once he's worked down the masses and given everyone a fair
chance, most guys will be off his back and you'll be able to work him
during a commercial break in your favourite soap opera.

Thanks, and good luck with the chase!

Chris R. Burger
ZS6EZ
Help desk, flame shield and general dogsbody for 3DA0CA