TopBand: GREAT ACHIEVEMENT

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: GREAT ACHIEVEMENT
From: vertex@execulink.com (BILL, VE3CSK)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 07:24:17 -0500 (EST)
Yesterday I received a QSL from KH6DX for a QSO during the 160 contest a few
weeks back. Big deal you say!  Well, this was a QSO with a MOBILE, and in
his note Don informed me that he is close to DXCC working from his truck
with a screwdriver antenna!  I think this is really something.  Hats off to
the guys like Don, Rich (K1HTV who has about 160+ countries with 100 watts)
and the QRP guys who are getting great DX with operating skill and
perseverence.  Anyone else got tales of great accomplishment on 160 to share?

Speaking of 160 mobile, anyone remember that QST cover back in the 60s which
had Stew Perry's car and that humungous plastic garbage pail covering the

Bill, VE3CSK

(de W4ZV...KH6DX was mobile in California, not Hawaii)