TopBand: Receiver survey

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Receiver survey
From: km1h@juno.com (km1h @ juno.com)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 13:13:51 EST
All the formulas, etc are available in most Engr manuals Peter. You can
add any number of signals/amplitudes until you are into pure white noise
generation.
This is also what the CATV industry uses to design and evaluate active
device performance where linearity is a MUST.

For ham rig performance this is where the untuned front ends really fall
down as compared to a hi-Q tuneable or tracking preselector.

73   Carl  KM1H

On Tue, 3 Mar 1998 12:08:27 -0000  Peter Chadwick
<Peter.Chadwick@gpsemi.com> writes:
>Does anyone have any hard data on the environment for the topband rx?
>By
>this I mean the number of signals in cells of amplitude (say 10db
>cells,
>from 0dBm to -60dBm and of frequency - say 20KHz cells from say 1750
>1950KHz?
>
>I'm doing some work on 7 and 14MHz signal levels for an article for
>Comms
>Quarterly, but the 160m situation in Europe is likely to be very
>different
>to that in the US.
>
>73
>
>Peter G3RZP
>
>--
>FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/topband.html
>Submissions:              topband@contesting.com
>Administrative requests:  topband-REQUEST@contesting.com
>Problems:                 owner-topband@contesting.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]