TopBand: Vertcal V Dipole

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: Vertcal V Dipole
From: w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 1998 11:02:31 +0000
To: <topband@contesting.com>
> Date:          Sun, 22 Mar 1998 10:16:50 +1000
> From:          vk3ajj <vk3ajj@techno.net.au>

RE: Paul's comments

GOOD COMMENTS SNIPPED>

> This post is not intended as a shot at Steve (or VK6IM who I don't know)
> but simply highlights some of the more practical (as opposed to
> theoretical) aspects of antenna comparison.

Amen Paul. Thanks for a breath of common sense.

A good example of this are the observations posted that were made
under the following conditions:

1.) During one short operating period at

2.) At a location very high above saltwater

3.)  At a location half way to Europe from most of our locations.

4.) Without knowing wave angle, pattern, or efficiency of
ANY of the antennas either reference or of the dipole.

5.) In a location cluttered with antennas and other conductors that
have an unknown effect on results.

The leap from observations to conclusions is sometimes a REAL big and
seriously flawed leap.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji.tom@MCIONE.com