TopBand: CW segment

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: CW segment
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 1998 08:26:46 -0400 (EDT)
W8JI wrote:

>I think it's about time we all got together and asked for a CW
>segment. That would at least eliminate the SSB ops who QRM DX.

Tom and all:

        We tried that last year!  I got more than 128 responses
(including W8JI BTW!) to a survey regarding a bandplan, I sent the
results to K1KI who is a Director and exactly nothing has happened.
I think I can summarize the situation by the following:

        1.  The FCC is in the "deregulation" mode since they do
not have any enforcement anyway.

        2.  ARRL is afraid to "rock the boat" in this environment.

        3.  Our directors are hearing "everything is fine as it
is" from most of their membership.

        I personally don't have the time to pursue this again and
I do not want this reflector consumed with discussion on the issue.
If YOU or someone else would like to volunteer to carry the torch,
please announce yourself on the reflector and you are welcome to
gather offline input from everyone and work on the problem (off the
reflector.)  I've "been there and done that" and we are not going
through it again.

                                                73,  Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  The summary of 128 respondents is at the follwing archive
page (http://www.contesting.com/_topband/9704/0043.html) for any
who are interested.  Would you believe it was posted exactly one
year ago to the day!  :-)