TopBand: VK6VZ - South Pacific DX Contest report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: VK6VZ - South Pacific DX Contest report
From: K1ZM@aol.com (K1ZM@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 08:23:39 EDT
Hi Steve

Thanks your report on the South Pacific Contest.

I tried hard Saturday morning from MASS.  I got on at 0845Z and found W8JI on
1831 calling CQ.

I went up to 1833 and called CQ until after my sunrise time of 0920Z.  I gave
up at 0935Z.

I had two stations call me whom I COULD NOT pull outta the noise.

I believe they were ZL2JR from 0905Z on until 0918Z and also I think VK3ZL may
have been in there once or twice.

I copied not even pieces of these two calls, but I recognized (I think) their
fists and RIT offsets - as both Jim and Bob NEVER return my CQ calls exactly
on my frequency!   Jim is always QSX up 220hz and Bob is up about 125hz - HI!

Anyway, I worked NO ONE - I agree that condx were down.  Zl2JR peaked about
249 here at best and VK3ZL at 229.

All the best.

73 Jeff
K1ZM@aol.com