TopBand: FB long haul condx

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: FB long haul condx
From: dz@VOA.GOV (Richard Zwirko)
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 1998 07:51:40 -0400
With the 'K' Index at 4 this morning the conditions from this MD QTH were FB to
the west. Worked Mike, VK6HD for my 31st Top Band Zone with 100 Watts at 1052Z.
Was down at 1828.9 trying to pull a weak one out of the noise just before then.
Was it KH2 or YC0? Anyone else hear him?

Worked TL5A through heavy QRN the previous day for country #166. Looks like
 the Top Band fall/winter season continues to indicate that it will be good
one. Was hearing VK3ZL about 30 minutes past my local sunrise running East
Coast stations this morning. Things are looking good!

See you in the pileups.
  73 de Rich - K1HTV