TopBand: TY8A

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: TY8A
From: btippett@CTC.Net (Bill Tippett)
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:59:22 -0500 (EST)
>From K3UL who accidentally sent it to me...de W4ZV.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 16:55:14 -0500
From: Bob Garrett rgarrettsunlinknet <rgarrett@sunlink.net>
Subject: TY8A
To: owner-topband@contesting.com

Greetings:

As the TY8A operation enters it's final days perhaps the OPS could consider
spending a bit more time on 160 meters when USA stations have propagation.
I have seen numerous spots from EU and JA for TY8A and last night at about
04:00Z I did hear TY8A call a few CQs with no takers.

As it is now, the OPS are QRV on 80 meters one night and 160 (sporadically)
the next night.  With 160 propagation being very unpredictable, perhaps
success would be achieved if the 80 meter OP checked 160 every hour or say
hour and a half to see if he had conditions.

TY is still very high on the needs list and these guys are super OPS.  Just
a a little fine tuning of the operation schedule could yield some great
results on topband.

Thanks for letting me express my thoughts ... self serving! you bet! HI.

73, Bob K3UL