TopBand: 160m Propagation/observation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: 160m Propagation/observation
From: v31jp@logical123.net (Joseph L. Pontek, Sr.)
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 10:08:08 -0500
Last year in January, I listened from Belize for Down Under at VK sunrise,
but NADA. I have not heard any African's either.  I did have good path's
into EU & Asia, hearing better than I was getting out. It's still up in
the air if we will get down there this winter or not.  If we do,
I have plans for a better TX antenna and, maybe, another RX antenna.

One additional consideration is that most stations set up in the Caribbean
tend to optimize their antennas for NA, EU then Asia for contest population
centers.  This may make observations of heard/not heard signals some what
subjective.

73 de K8 Joe "Palooka" & Beverly