TopBand: West coast to Europe

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: West coast to Europe
From: k0ha@navix.net (Bill Hohnstein KØHA)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:46:45 -0800
At first early 14 Jan (UTC) appeared to be a classic propagation
enhancement before geomagnetic activity with good signals from
many Europeans, including the Russians.  By 0400z that had ended
and most of the normally strong Europeans were weak.  That was also
the time of the end of the excellent 6 meter sporatic-E opening
from here to the northwest (WA, MT, BC, ID, & OR).
I was surprised to hear two good signals (569) from 9A2AJ at 0610
(before we worked) and SP7GIQ at 0626.  Sleep deprivation and not
hearing any other signals stand out caused me to turn off the rig
around 0635...

73,  Bill     K0HA