No subject

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: ok1dig@iol.cz (Daniel Glanc)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 00:25:28 +0100

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01BE8D1F.CA3F9620

Hello everybody,

thanks for reading this message.

I am considering to put up a new beverage system for the next season,
just dismateled all the previous antennas b=B4cause of the spring
agricultural works on the piece of land I use to spread them.

I have several questions.

I have used the RG-58 cable but the loss was very high ( the distance
from shack to the feed point is abt 300 m ) this is to avoid the
interaction with the vertical transmitting an. I would like to replace
it now wit low loss cable used for sat tv ( 75 Ohm )
Should I transform from 75Ohm to 50Ohm on the separate receiving ant in
my IC-756 ? or just simly connect the ANT to the RCA socket ?
Does the mismatch have gerat influence on the overall receiving
performance ?

I am considering to build a phaised two Beverages in one direction where
my space is limited, however I would like to use the Beverages for
multiband operation 80 to 40 m. Any suggestions on the spacing ?

Can I use the TV Ant splitters for the phaised  Beverages ? If not what
is the phasing method for multiband operation ?

There are many questions, I would be garateful for any hints.

Thanks in advance

73 !  Dan, OK1DIG

mailto: ok1dig@iol.cz