Topband: JW5NM WAS THERE!

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JW5NM WAS THERE!
From: magoo@isp.on.ca (BILL MCHUGH)
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 06:37:26 -0400
Where was the pileup?  The guest of honour arrived on 1831 at about 0350
with a STRONG signal-579 on my vertical and calling CQ with few takers.
Most of the activity seemed to be up at 1833 with DL2GG/YV5 but here he was
only 339 with QSB and a lot of fellows falling all over themselves and
everyone else on frequency.

Anyhow, JW is now in the log.  Perhaps propagation to the rest of NA was
just not there (or did lots of guys snooze'n lose?)

I see spots for ZK3 on the high bands so let's hope they show up on 160, 80
and 40.  Good luck to all.

Bill, VE3CSK