Topband: RE:Short Verticle

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RE:Short Verticle
From: facmop@erols.com (fred)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 20:26:20 -0500
Hello everyone I am a proud owner of a short vertical. The Unihat 31
foot high  vert radiator.  And I am in radio heaven with it. I live on a
small lot and have many great contacts using AM  legal limit and as
little as 250 Watts AM and get great signal reports from other Hams. All
the way to the mid west....I live on the East Coast. The only ground
radials are the 4  34 foot radials that Ed gives in the assembly manual.
Great Antenna for nasty weather too. It has stood up to nasty winds and
winter weather.I have installed a motorized Vacuum Variable so that I
can go any where on 160M and operate. No problems with RFI and the
neighbors. The GAP antenna I had before it was nothing but a dummy load
and complaints of RFI. AM broadcast stations are using this antenna with
great success.

FRED KC4MOP