Topband: Using an MFJ1026

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Using an MFJ1026
From: w7iuv@axtek.com (Larry Molitor)
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 04:19:52 +0000

Richard,

My experience with the MFJ1026 parallels yours. It is simply worthless on
160. I've tried different sense antennas, additional preamps, and a few
other things, but nothing helped with the S/N. As a check, I played with BC
stations in the high end of the band. I could easily null out (20 dB?) the
BC stuff. On 2.5 MHz, it would null WWV but not the noise. I concluded that
either the noise was coming from an ifinate number of sources all around
me, or the 1026 was not adequate for the task. I plan on trying again when
I have more time to waste.

73,

Larry - W7IUV
w7iuv@arrl.net