Topband: RigAmplifier questions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RigAmplifier questions
From: FRICKRG@monroviab.us-state.gov (Frick, Robert G)
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 03:29:33 -0500
TOPBANDERS

EL2WW brought over his stuff over to my QTH on saturday
and I now have an iverted L for 160.  He also brought over
the on-loan AMERITRON solid state amp (from Tom Rauch-
W8JI) and power supply (on loan from Bruce Lee-KD6WW).

The only rig I have brought with me is my YAESU FT-100.
For relay control of Amplifiers the book says to use the
ring connector (YAESU FT-100 uses a mini stereo jack)
for T/R to ground and the tip for ALC.  There is also
another connection for Amplifiers on the BandData pigtail
connection on the FT-100.

My problem is this. I cannot get the ACC connection on
the FT-100 to key the amplifier (T/R to ground) but if i
go to the BandData pigtail connection, and simply connect
the relay cable to the T/R receive and shield ground points,
the amplifier works.

Now that I have totally confused everybody. Does anybody
out there know what is happening?  I prefer not to use
the BandData pigtail jack since that will be used for my
rig control once WriteLog decides it will support the FT-100.
73
EL2RF
Bob