Topband: [Fwd: A61AJ - 24 Nov 99 160M Sunrise Opening]

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: [Fwd: A61AJ - 24 Nov 99 160M Sunrise Opening]
From: btippett@alum.MIT.edu (Bill Tippett)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 11:14:04 +0000
Hi Bill

We had a darn good 160M opening this morning here in A6.

Here is a list of North American stations worked:

2337z - 23 Nov VE1ZZ (First - of course!)

0000z - 24 Nov W3BGN (589 signals - blew my ears off!)
Then:

WT3Q
W2FCR
W1WEF
K3SWZ
AA1ON
W2OKM
KC1XX
W1JCC (cRAIG cLARK)
K1UO
W1TO
K5RJ (WHERE IS THIS GUY ? - HE WAS LOUD)
K4CIA
K3KO
W1WAI
K5ZD/1
VO1MET
N4SU
N1AC
K1VR
N2QT
N1KJW
K1GUN
W9ZR (GOOD SIGNAL TOO!)
N3MV
W1NG
N2WM
NO2R
KD9SV (NOT AS LOUD AS W9ZR - BUT VERY GOOD SIG NONETHELESS)
K1CX
W3LPL
WA4TT
K5PC (PROB BEST QSO OF THE MORNING!) IN TEXAS??
K3RR
KR9U (ALSO GOOD SIG)
KI1G
N1RR
K1DG
W2JB
W8JI (LOUD)
W1JR
N4RV
K1UO
KN5H/6Y5
K9HMB (NOT BAD SIG)
W2QD
W8UVZ (SOLID 559)
K9RJ (NOT HEARING WELL AT ALL - BUT FINALLY JIM GOT HIS REPORT)
(SMALL RX ANTENNA OBVIOUS TO ME - I ANSWERED HIM 10 TIMES -  WE FINALLY
MADE
IT - I WAS VY HAPPY FOR JIM)
W1ZC
AJ1H
K4TEA
K4IO

ABOUT 53 STATIONS IN ALL I THINK.

If you could pass this along to the topband reflector - that would be
great.

Where was WB9Z last night? Jerry would have been in the log for sure had
been on.

Also I did not hear W0CD or K8GG - nor K8MFO.  I know Don at least needs
A6
and should have been there.

I hope we have another chance to do it one more time tonight.  I will
come
up about 2300z tomorrow.  Pse note that last night, the 0000z opening
for 30
mins was LOUDER than sunrise - then it closed for about 45 mins around
0100z
- and then reopened again about 0210z until 0239z when it closed at
dawn.

Prior days:

22 Nov w4zv

23 Nov
W4ZV
N4JJ
W4MYA
K3RR
W4DR (solid 579 at 0239z)

Also worked so far VK6HD, KH6AT and KH6CC - the latter two long path -
over
Europe.

Guess that's the lot.

It is now 0314z and after sunrise - I am pooped - but it was quite a
night.

BTW, all the beverages are now up:

USA - twin side by side 580 footers - fed in phase
JA - 880 footer single wire
VK/ZL - 580 footer single wire
S. Africa - 580 footer single wire

Still have not heard ZS5K yet - I am hoping to work him also.

BTW, the 80M long path opening at sunset yesterday to the West coast was
superb - N7ML was BOOMING on SSB - I will check 160M LP tonight at my
sunset
as well.

Pse advise  the West coast to keep an ear posted - these guys were
coming in
over Europe last night at sunset on 80M BTW.  We will see what 160m
produces
on that path tonight.

73 JEFF

K1ZM at A61AJ